Vacancy Announcement - Housekeeping Coordinator
Hertford County is seeking to fill the following full-time position in Public Buildings Department.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
- Coordinates the cleaning and maintaining County buildings, grounds and facilities.
- Assigns cleaning priority under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Receives and responds to internal housekeeping complaints.
- Helps resolve housekeeping issues under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Sweeps, vacuums or dust mops assigned areas.
- Washes windows.
- Waxes and buffs tile floors.
- Removes trash from buildings; picks up trash and debris around the outside of buildings.
- Scrubs and cleans toilets including mirrors, wash basins, urinals, commodes, etc.
- Keeps track of supplies needed for maintaining the appearance of County buildings.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Thorough knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to perform manual work; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and a minimum of 1-year building cleaning experience.
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for peripheral vision, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. The worker may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
Annual Salary Range:
Grade 6: $22,981- $35,622
May 17, 2021
To be considered for this position, you must complete a Hertford County Application for Employment, in its entirety. Cover letters, resumes, transcripts, and other supplemental documentation may accompany your Hertford County Application for Employment. Selected candidates are subject to a criminal background check and motor vehicle record check.
Submit applications by mail, email, facsimile, or in person to:
Attn: Komita Hendricks, Human Resource Specialist
115 Justice Drive, Suite 1
Winton, NC 27986
Phone: (252) 358-7805
Fax: (252) 427-4585 (include cover letter)
Hertford County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.