The Land Records / GIS department is now responsible for the assignment and maintenance of Hertford County’s rural E-911 addresses. We are working in GIS to create a database of all address points within Hertford County, including the local municipalities. This information is needed for the Enhanced Emergency 911 system (E-911). Having this information will allow Hertford County to provide the needed information to appropriate emergency and non-emergency response and support the needs of the 911 dispatch center.
The following main objectives have been identified:
- To provide a means for expedient emergency response by fire, police, rescue, medical and any other emergency services.
- To establish a property location that will serve as Emergency 911 locator.
- To assist in the proper delivery of mail, utility, and other services.
- To provide property owners and the county with a convenient, accurate and systematic means of identifying property.
- To name new streets and rename old streets with conflicting or duplicate names in order to provide efficient emergency services.
- To support the County move to the Enhanced 911 system.
Sara Turner – Land Record / GIS Manager
Thomas Lindsay– GIS Technician
(252) 358-7809Fax: (252) 358-7806 Address: 704 North King Street P.O. Box 567 Winton, NC 27986