VACANCY – Social Worker II/Intake/Home Studies/Courtesy Adult/Child Services Unit -CLOSED

POSITION TITLE:   Social Worker II/Intake/Home Studies/Courtesy Adult/Child Services Unit       (Will consider Social Worker Trainee)*                                                                                                                                                    
SALARY RANGE:  $31,702.00 – $40,421.00 ; $23,657 – Social Worker Trainee            
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
Qualified applicants must submit a completed State application (PD-107) to:
Edna Williams
Hertford County Social Services
P. O. Box 218
Winton, NC  27986
(252) 358-7830
*If you are not currently a Hertford County employee – you must submit your application through NC Works (Job Link)
The Hertford County Department of Social Services is recruiting for the following vacancy September 24, 2018.
Social Worker II (SW II)
Intake/Home Studies/Courtesy
Adult/Child Services Unit
Hertford County Department of Social Services
Primary Purpose of Position
The Adult/Child Services Unit is a blended of Social Workers charged with the responsibility to ensure the provision of protective services to county residents alleged to be victims of abuse, neglect, exploitation or dependency.  To provide services to alleviate risk to children, families, elder and disabled adults. To deliver employment related services and daycare to support family’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
The primary purpose of this position is to receive and evaluate reports of abuse/neglect/dependence and exploration for Adult/Children Services.  This position requires the worker to work closely with the supervisor when screening reports.
The worker in this position staff’s Intake calls with the direct supervisor of the unit and assist with screening decisions per North Carolina Division of Social Services policy.  The worker is responsible for completing and mailing screening decision letters to reporters.
Other Work Characteristics –  The social worker spends about 25% of the time in the office.  The social worker must be accurate in monitoring the provision of services by other agencies so that Medicaid can be billed.  Intense mental concentration is required in doing assessments, developing plans of care, monitoring services, responding to crisis situations, etc. 
The worker uses a car, calculator, copier, computer, fax machine, scanner, and telephone frequently.
Work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.  Occasionally the worker may need to work past 5:00pm to resolve a problem before leaving for the day.  The worker will be required to do emergency beeper Duty approximately every 6 to 8 weeks, 24 hours a day, for an entire 7- day week.  Holiday coverage is also required.  Worker may also be called to man emergency shelter during disasters.  Conferring with law enforcement, legal, medical, mental health and judicial personnel toward the alleviation of child abuse, neglect and dependency are responsibilities of this position.  Consultation with hospitals, schools and other agencies is necessary in providing for in-home services.  Representation on the Intensive Family Preservation Advisory Board is a function of this position. 
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required – The worker will need the ability to speak and write clearly, convey information to others and respond appropriately in emotional or crisis situations.  Organizational skills are essential to meet designated responsibilities and to function under stress. Worker also need the ability to recognize when he/she needs help and to seek assistance or consultation from Supervisor or Director.
Required Minimum Education
Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work and one year of social work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of social work and two years of social work or counseling experience; or Master’s degree in a counseling field and two years of social work or counseling experience; or a four-year degree in a human services field or related curriculum and three years of social work or counseling experience; or graduation from a four-year college or university and four years of experience in rehabilitation counseling, pastoral counseling or a related human service field providing experience in the techniques of casework, group work or community organization; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
One year of work experience can be credited for completion of the social work collaborative.
Posted in Employment Opportunities, Public Notices.