Hertford County is seeking to fill the following part-time position in governmental operations.
Performs responsible clerical work involving a variety of office assistance tasks; does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision of Register of Deeds.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
- Assist the Register of Deeds staff in back-scanning documents.
- Operates copier, scanner, fax machine and typewriter; provides customer service to the general public.
- Sorts, indexes and maintains files materials; maintains records on customer requests.
- Receives citizen inquiries, complaints and service requests and resolves them within the framework of established policies and procedures or forwards to appropriate party for disposition.
- Receives, sorts, processes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment; performs light maintenance on photocopy and scanning equipment.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Some knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and office assistance techniques; some knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; some knowledge of County and department programs and policies; ability to read and understand basic County and state policies and procedures of limited scope and difficulty; ability to type accurately at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to operate standard office and computer equipment and perform basic word processing and/or simple data entry; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
Hourly Wage: $9.98
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, you must complete a Hertford County Application for Employment, in its entirety. Cover letters, resumes, transcripts, and other supplemental documentation may accompany your Hertford County Application for Employment. Selected candidates are subject to a criminal background check and motor vehicle record check.
Submit applications by mail, email, facsimile, or in person to:
Attn: Melanie Storey, Register of Deeds
119 Justice Drive, Suite 9
Winton, NC 27986
Fax: (252) 358-0222 (include cover sheet)
Hertford County is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ AA.