The following is information necessary to register to vote in Hertford County and the State of North Carolina
* You must only register to vote in the County where you reside.
* You must be a US citizen by birth or naturalization.
* You must be 18 years of age by the next general election.
* If you have been convicted of a felony, your rights of citizenship must be restored.
You Need To Complete a Voter Registration Application If:
* You have not previously registered in Hertford County;
* You have had your Hertford County registration cancelled because you registered in another county or state;
* You have had your voter registration cancelled because you were convicted of a felony and your citizenship rights have now been restored;
* You have been placed in an inactive voter registration file;
* You have moved within Hertford County since you registered;
* You have changed your name;
* You wish to change your party affiliation.
* If mailed, the Voter Registration Application/Update Form must be postmarked at least 25 days before the election, or;
* Delivered to the Board of Elections Office no later than 5:00 PM on the 25th day before the election.
You may register to vote with any political party recognized in the State of North Carolina. You may also register unaffiliated. If you do not declare a party on the application form, you will be registered unaffiliated. If authorized by the party, unaffiliated voters may vote in the party primary of their choice.