The Hertford County Register of Deeds office maintains Marriage records, Birth and Death records, and Delayed Birth records.
Uncertified copies are available to the public.
Certified copies of vital records will be issued to:
- The applicant
- The applicant's spouse
- The applicant's mother/father
- The applicant's brother/sister
- The applicant's children/grandchildren
- The applicant's grandmother/grandfather
- Any person seeking information for legal
personal or property rights (proof required)
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant
Certified copies: $10.00 each
Non-certified copies: $ .25 each
Personal checks are not accepted. Send a money order to the following address:
Kathleen W. Wright
Register of Deeds
PO Box 36, 701 N. King St., Courthouse
Winton , NC 27986
Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Call 252-358-7850 for more information.